Saturday, September 18, 2010

We are home!!

I'm sure most of you have seen by now, but surgery is obviously done and it was very successful! The hospital was blocking blogger so I couldn't get on to update you. I could get on to facebook, but I realize not all of you follow me on there.

On Thursday morning, I woke myself and Xiomara up early in order for her last feeding at 6:00 a.m. She had to be done eating breastmilk by 6:15 a.m. and then between 6:15 a.m. and 8:15 a.m. she could have some Pedialyte. I waited as long as I could and at 8:00 a.m. I had Chris feed her the bottle. I don't think she liked it, but it was something for her. She didn't eat again until 3:00 p.m. that day. Nine long hours for her, but much longer for mommy.

Xiomara, my dad, and I had to be at the hospital at 10:15 a.m. I was so thankful for my dad! The hospital was a mess! It's under construction and with me being emotional and nervous, I had no idea what I would have done without him. I definitely felt all your prayers because in our long wait until surgery was to be at 11:45 (which really ended up being about 1 p.m.), Xiomara rarely cried. Instead, she snuggled in to me and slept, or just stared at me like this

The staff at the hospital were truly wonderful and when it came time to hand her over for surgery, I handed a sleeping (non-hysterical) baby girl over and calmly walked away. We then waited! It seemed forever before the doctor came to the waiting room and told me all went well and that Xiomara had done great.

She did have two hernias (one on each side) and so we were very thankful that we had him explore the left side too even though that hernia had not presented itself yet. She also had several cysts on her ovaries that the doctor proceeded to pop. He said, that her ovaries should sustain no damage from the hernias and that her recovery should be smooth. While in the hospital, she was very sleepy

Then, right before we left, she was charming not only me, but also the nurses with her sweet little joy-filled smile

Chris and the girls had a great time of bonding, and playing at the hotel. Meridian did nap really well, but had a hard time at night sleeping as she kept calling for mommy and pointing at the door. Zoelle on the other hand slept 12 hours straight, so I think daddy wore her out! Needless to say, both girls were relieved to have both mom and sister back.

Yesterday, we left the hospital and went to a local zoo for the afternoon before heading home. Overall, I am so glad we got it done now when she is too young to remember, and while her body is able to heal quicker and faster. Thank you friends and family for praying!! It gave me so much peace each time I started to panic, knowing I had others praying for all of us!

1 comment:

Have something on your heart? Share it here.