This morning we were able to have another wonderful phone conference with our birthmother. I am constantly amazed at the strength she has to place this child. Over the years, I've met many people who have had a lot of negative things to say about birthmoms, but I told her today that I will ever attribute to anyone, including this child, to thinking anything but the best about her. The love she has for this baby is far greater than I could even imagine. To be willing to give your child away to someone because you know you can't do it on your own, that is love. Sacrifice. Amazing.
As of now, we told her our plan is to come as soon as possible after the birth. She cried. It really is her hearts desire. Yes, we realize we are taking a risk. We don't want to get our hearts broken either. But, at this point, either way if she backs out, they will get hurt. We trust that God will heal them if they do. In the meantime, we are praying for Him to protect us and for this adoption to be completed.
We do have a couple of prayer requests. We had 2 grants tell us this week that they don't have money for us. That was a disappointment for sure. One of those, we can apply for again at any point before finalization. However, we found out tonight that we are getting another grant, which is a huge praise! We don't know the amount yet, but we are praying that God would be faithful in completing what He has called us to. We are NOT giving up hope that He can provide for every last penny for this adoption!!
That brings me to asking for prayers for travel again. We have to fly, we know that much. Our van, which would be the only vehicle we could drive down there is broken and we don't trust it to make it down there and back in one piece. Plus, Chris will have to fly back sooner and doesn't want me driving back alone. We ultimately decided not to take Zoelle. I'm sad about it, but with Chris coming home in a matter of days, she won't be without at least one of us for long.
I'm going to ask shamelessly here that if anyone has any frequent flier miles that they would be willing to donate for this cause, we would so appreciate it! It is looking like plane tickets on short notice could be quite expensive. Of course, God is bigger than that as well, and it is another prayer request that He could provide us with cheap tickets and stress free travel. There are so many logistics to still figure out with the travel, that we need prayer that God would make it all come together.
If any of you are willing to pray, we would so covet your prayers. I have had a few ask how they can help us. Honestly, financially is the best way right now. We truly believe that this adoption should and does not have to be done in debt. Otherwise, just keep praying and keep supporting us.
One more thing: talk to us about the adoption!!! Yes, I do not have a big belly on me, but I am still expecting a baby!! All you lurkers on here, this is you I am talking about. I do have a tracker on here and I know you read, yet you never comment. I treasure each comment and find such encouragement from them. So give me some comment love either on here or in real life! :)
Now, this mama to be is off to bed...