I have a secret, except it's not really a secret if I tell you right?? Wanna know what it is?? Sure you do or you wouldn't be reading still right? What's that, you think I'm mean and you want me to get to the point...oh...ok...I suppose I could...
We are matched!! Woohoo! We are being cautiously excited, but it's hard to not allow ourselves to get involved. So to answer some questions.
When is baby due?
We were originally told August 9th, but that info has changed and it most likely will be in mid July.
Where is baby at?
Will you travel to get baby?
Yes. This is a HUGE area of prayer. As of now, we don't know how we will get there (air/car) or where we will stay. We'd like to go down altogether as a family and would prefer to fly so that is what we are really asking God for.
Do we know the gender?
Yep, but we aren't sharing until he/she is here..sorry.
Where are you at financially?
God has been so, so, so amazing to us and has really been faithful in providing for this adoption! We still are relying mainly on grants to come thru, but we also know that nothing is impossible with God and that He will see us thru it to completion.
Any specific prayer needs?
1. Travel Arrangements: See above
2. Logistics: In Georgia the birthmom signs 24 hours after birth but then has 10 days (yes 10 days) to change her mind. We need to decide if we risk putting our emotions out there and the traveling expenses before the 10 days are over with. The birthmom would like us there at birth or as close to after birth as possible. We are asking God to guide us and give us a peace and direction.
3. Grants: We have about 5 grants that we are waiting for. Would you please pray that God would do above and beyond what anyone could expect? Also that it would be in the perfect time.
4. Our girls: Z especially had a very hard transition when Meridian was born. Our prayer now would be that the transition for all of us would be completely seamless.
5. The baby: For protection for it now and the birth. Also, our prayer is that this child would be an easy baby/child and that it will bring joy to all those around it.
Think we're crazy?
Who's to say what's impossible? Nothing is with God! And with that I say Amen!