Thursday, September 9, 2010
One week from today...
My beautiful baby girl will be getting surgery. After doing lots of research, talking with various friends who are in the medical field, and praying, we felt as if we should do the surgery sooner rather than later. To be honest, I'm not thrilled about it. I'm worried and I'm fairly certain that on the 16th I am going to be a nervous wreck. It's just that I love her so, so much. She is every bit a part of me as the older girls are.
I don't want to see her go under, I don't want to have her cry out in hunger because she can only eat one last time 4 hours before check-in for surgery. I plain old don't want to do surgery! But we have to. Her hernia appears to be getting larger and for the sake of long-term circumstances, we will get surgery.
Please be in prayer for us on that day. Our plan right now is to go down together as a family the night before. We will stay in a hotel that evening and then early Thursday morning, my dad will drive down to meet us. He will be coming with Xiomara and I to the surgery (thank you dad). We decided it will be best to have Chris stay with the older girls and make it as "normal" of a day as possible. They will swim, shop, and hopefully have fun.
I will be spending the night in the hospital with Xiomara. Please pray that Chris and the girls do well without me. Meridian is used to having me tuck her in and nurse her before bed. She is typically NOT happy when I am not there. Pray she is ok without me the whole day, ok?
Pray the surgery is successful and that Xiomara is ok going into it (read: not hysterical before I leave her). Oh and pray I'm not hysterical either.
Thank you all and we will be updating as we go along that day.